Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Myrtleford - Krackatinny


From our rented cottage on the Buffalo Creek Road on the outskirts of Myrtleford, we spotted this 'Blue Ridge Mountains' settlement, but could not quite read what was on the shed. I volunteered to trudge down to check it out.


Being a gutless-wonder from way back, I did not duck under the barbed-wire and brazenly check the joint out. I edged along the blue-metal road-edge, with the hairs on the back of my neck erect in silent salute.


I reported back to my road-trip buddies, and we had a quiet chuckle over our game of petanque whilst sipping chilled Verduzzo from Pizzini's.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Very, very Australian.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Yes , lovely country shots, CI and old cars and junk and that sense of humour. Terrific.